|Posted by Psychosis on November 8, 2013 at 7:45 PM||comments (4)|
Many of you are noticing an Error Message flashing when your trying to craft items and causing you to disconnect from server. Many of you have expressed concern that its the new recipes added to the game recently. We have tested this theory over and over and it's simply not the case. We have Identified the issue causing the crash and it was something done by this Dev Team, but has nothing to do with new recipes.
Here is what we uncovered during our progress on the Crafting System:
- You could rank up off base tier items unlimited - This wasn’t intentional so we made adjustment which caused this issue at hand.
- AR wasn’t finished and was tough to dovetail off of, so we wanted to change how it works by doing this:
- Creating NPC’s (Node’s) to Farm - Earn XP & Gold for doing it!
- Changing the Drop System - To many things drop and players leave them laying all over causing lag spikes when too much of it is left laying. We devised a system that not only drops items pertaining to crafting only but will replace these failed drops.
- Creating Level Rated Crafting Recipes - The old system was setup and designed for end game content. This is the reason for the difficult drop rates, expensive recipes, and large list of items to craft one item. We want crafting to be easy for players and something they enjoy. So we are designing the system so that any new player can have the chance to craft a +1 set as a mortal between the levels 1-30ish.
Now for the Issue - We cant in good conscience scrap the old system penalizing players who have spent items, days, months, even a year + ranking up their crafting. On the other hand we cannot continue under this current situation. We are looking into ways to compensate players who have ranked up their crafting ranks, but wiping the current system and starting from scratch. Feel free to offer your comments/questions/complaints here.